We are committed to compassionately serve the poorest people and communities worldwide through a network of women, raising awareness and funds and using micro loans to support efforts to eliminate extreme poverty by 2015. Our vision is to be a leader in the worldwide movement to eliminate extreme poverty by 2015.
- We believe that all people are entitled to the basic necessities of life.
- We believe in the value of all life regardless of race, creed or color.
- We believe that everyone has the right to live without suffering.
- We believe in the ability of even one person to make a difference in the lives of those living in impoverished conditions.
- We believe that impoverished communities need more than a handout; they need help developing infrastructures to break the cycle of poverty.
- We believe that what happens to one human being happens to us all.
The Greater Contribution was founded by Karon Wright, Diany Klein, Elise O'Keefe and Kathy Tamashiro who were driven by a desire to give back to the world in the most significant way possible.