Manager of Fundraising – Job Summary
What if you could go to your place of employment every day with a renewed sense of purpose and direction, confident in the knowledge that the work you do contributes to the empowerment of impoverished and disadvantaged women and girls in a developing country? When you work with us as a fundraiser, this could be your life. Grow to understand our potential donor pool and hold a vital role in planning events and coordinating other activities to encourage donations and help us move toward our goal of improving the people’s lives. Work under the direction of a visionary Board President to meet and exceed fundraising goals. Stretch and improve your communication and leadership skills and organizational capabilities in this pivotal role.
Excellent part-time opportunity for an experienced Fundraising Officer with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience. Ideal candidate will be a strong, collaborative, energetic individual with seasoned fundraising skills.
This position is responsible for directing and leading all organizational fundraising efforts. Direct fundraising and donor relations including: managing fundraising appeals, identifying and securing new funding sources including major gift solicitation, local businesses and community support, grants, and spearheading special events.
- Raise funds for our cause and regularly meet or surpass fundraising targets.
- Develop and implement annual work plans in an effective and timely way that include goals, objectives, tactics and milestones; create and monitor annual budget and expenses.
- Create plans and programming to refine the Empowerment Circle of major donors and increase participation.
- Create plans and programming to increase participation in the Partners in Prosperity, our recurring donor group.
- Manage a portfolio of donors and prospects and assure movement toward individual goals with in-person interaction.
- Provide support to board members and volunteers as related to giving programs.
- Collaborate with others to assure progress in overall Development goals and plans; specifically, in identifying annual gift donors who have the potential to be major gift prospects.
- Research potential donors to gain insight into needs, beliefs and donation habits to understand how to position our organization to them.
- Assist in brainstorming and creating new methods to raise funds for our organization.
- Leverage technology and social media where possible to improve fundraising activities.
- Assist in planning and coordinating events meant to raise funds and coordinate activities of volunteers and interns related to event planning and execution.
- Analyze the performance of events and other fundraising activities for effectiveness and to identify areas where money can be saved.
- Maintain complete and orderly records of donors and manage regular donor communications.
- Build upon existing donor relationships and form new donor relationships on a regular basis.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations, journalism or related/applicable area.
- Exemplary communication abilities and outgoing, yet poised personality.
- Strong managerial skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Three to five years of progressive, successful fundraising experience.
- Understanding of fundraising regulations and accepted best practices.
- Knowledge of and experience in using standard methods and tools of fund raising.
- Quick thinker and ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Deep experience in using donor/prospect databases, preferably Little Green Light.
The Fine Print:
- Part time position: 20-25 hours per week with potential to evolve into a full-time position.
- Compensation: Dependent on experience; paid sick leave, paid holidays.
- Ideal start date: between June 1st and July 1st.
- Please reply to email@example.com with your cover letter, resume, two writing samples and three references.